If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, it is vital that you contact a criminal lawyer as soon as possible.
A criminal lawyer will protect your best interests throughout your experience with the criminal justice system. From the moment you are arrested, a criminal lawyer will:
- Be present during questioning
- Work to secure your release from custody
- Attempt to have the charges against you lowered or dropped
- Ensure no procedural irregularities are committed by SAPS
- Build your defence
- Represent you in court or instruct an advocate to defend you
- Attempt to minimise your punishment should you be found guilty
If you have been arrested for a minor criminal offence, such as theft, or a more serious one, such as sexual assault, you can contact a criminal lawyer attorney through Contact Law.
We can also find criminal lawyers for crimes such as bribery, fraud and motoring offences.
If you would like to obtain legal advice on criminal matters, Contact Law can put you in touch with a local specialist criminal lawyers free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local criminal lawyers please call us on 0800 999 629 or complete the web-form above.